A teacher's ramblings on writing, music and the wider world.

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Recent Wrap


My, how time flies.  I’m sticking to my theory that time goes faster the longer you live, because each day/month/year is a smaller percentage of your life, therefore it slides away quicker than ever before.  More than two months have slid by since my last post.  I must say, I’m not surprised.  I have located the proverbial horse, remounted, and prepared myself for semi-regular blogging again.

Since last time, NaNoWriMo has come and gone, and I was swept up by the phenomenon for the majority of the month.  I would occasionally read a snippet to one my classes which provided an external motivator for my writing.  I was pleasantly surprised with my 22k words in the month.  As Samuel Snoek-Brown at http://snoekbrown.wordpress.com phrased it, “The purpose of NaNoWriMo is to push beyond that particularly nasty block, to write no matter what, to write so fast and so freely that we stop caring if it’s any good.”

Strangely, I find myself at the unusual crossroads of not knowing which project to work on now.  I feel as though the momentum of the NaNo project has waned, while I have found myself reading fantasy again, which was the genre for my original novel (vastly different from the very mainstream NaNovel).  



I need to channel the energy from November and focus on something for a little while.  Is anyone else suffering post-NaNo confusion?

Oh, and it’s nice to be back in the blogosphere.

Back soon,
Luke

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Luke.

    I'm not suffering from confusion; I've actually got pretty good direction right now, which is, I have to say, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff. That's great! Glad to hear things are going well for you. I've been enjoying your recent posts, also.

    ReplyDelete