A teacher's ramblings on writing, music and the wider world.

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Like a plague...

Today at work, my WIP was all I could think about!  There I was teaching senior secondary students about the management of human resources, and as they sat quietly pondering the process of selecting employees, I sat quietly pondering how the protagonist was going to be perma-altered by the tri-climax of the novel, the coming together of the three major plot lines at the pinnacle of the action!  I'm sure there were some questions posed to me, but I continued to gaze thoughtfully at a piece of rubbish on the floor with a myriad of possibilities racing through my mind.  Might this be procrastination in a brand new wrapping?

That was not the end of it.  The bell rang for lunchtime and I shoved my belongings into my bag, ready for home.  A colleague glanced across the staff room, her fleeting eyes hinting, "He's lost his mind," on the second day back after break!  I discreetly unpacked my laptop, my iPad and those cumbersome textbooks, like I was just practising the pack-up routine.  Well, I was.  Truly.

I think I need a beer.  Or, you know, a brain might help too.

A fantasy world awaits,
Luke

2 comments:

  1. Ah, if only there were a cure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, Luke, but I also think it's a good sign that your mind is so actively engaged in your story. The tough part is getting it to be engaged *quietly*.

    ReplyDelete